Retail Barter Network
Retail store owners in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Wake Forest and Chapel Hill have everything to gain by benefiting from a barter exchange. They have the opportunity to turn excess inventory into sold goods that equal additional revenue for their business.
Many types of retail stores can benefit from participating in a barter exchange:
- Dry Cleaners
- Ink Cartridge Refill Services
- Food Specialty Shops (yogurt shops, cupcake shops, smoothie shops)
- Flooring Companies
- Independent Consultant Businesses (Mary Kay, Scentsy, Avon, Amway, Arbonne, Pampered Chef)
- Book and Record Stores
- Specialty and Gift Shops
- Consignment and Pawn Shops
- Online Stores
In addition to the traditional check writing system, retail owners can release select inventory to be sold through our online and local marketplace, or at our gift fair events. Certificates can also be sold through the ITEX office, so the member is in complete control of how much ITEX business they receive to supplement their existing cash sales.
This is a fantastic way for retail owners to keep their inventory moving and new customers coming in their doors. The supplemental revenue earned from participating in the ITEX trading community can then be spent on advertising expenses, employee benefits, and more, saving cash expenditures in your business.
All business owners have “fixed” and “variable” operating expenses. While you can’t pay your fixed expenses on trade (rent, electrical, employee labor), the barter exchange member knows that they can spend their trade dollars on many things they would have been spending cash on in their business, such as:
- Marketing and Advertising: Signage, Print work, Web & Graphic Design, Social Media & SEO
- Professional Services: Attorneys, Financial Professionals, IT & Computer Repair, Business Coaches, and so many more)
- Medical Services: Dentists, Orthodontists, Periodontists, Optometrists & Opticians, Chiropractors, Urgent Care, Dermatologists, Podiatrists, ENT’s, Pediatricians, Plastic Surgeons, and many other specialty fields
- Maintenance Services : Cleaning, Landscaping, Automotive, Contractors
Every time you spend a trade dollar on one of these services, it keeps a cash dollar in the bank that you can re-invest back into your business.
Want to learn more about how the trade exchange works, and how you can become a member? Contact the ITEX Raleigh office today to learn more about how barter saves cash!